April 2023 Parent Spotlight
From New York to Puerto Rico: Meet Arazelly & Brian, Our 2022 Dream Vacation Winners
Our 2022 Dream Vacation Winners: Arazelly & Brian had the opportunity to explore the breathtaking beauty of our National Parks while soaking up the sun in Puerto Rico. What made their trip truly unforgettable was their stay at the Hyatt Regency Grand Reserve, where they were able to relax in luxurious accommodations and enjoy top-notch amenities. And now they're ready to spill their family travel secrets. Keep reading for insider tips on how to make your next family trip unforgettable!
In this month’s Parent Spotlight:
📸 Meet Arazelly & Brian
How to keep kids entertained
Products they can’t live without
🏆 Win Our 2023 Dream Vacation
Parent Spotlight: Meet Arazelly & Brian
Kids: 20-Month-Old Girl
Favorite Destinations: Spain
Family Souvenir Tradition: The photos, videos, and memories.
Arazelly, a stay-at-home mom for 15 months now in social work, and Brian, a photographer, and producer, have traveled with their daughter Nova to Mexico, Puerto Rico, and Spain and are heading to Peru next month. They believe that traveling with kids creates unforgettable memories and strengthens family bonds. Plus, they are spontaneous people who love to include their daughter in everything they do and everywhere they go.
Here’s why they do it:
"The best part of family travel is seeing our daughter experience new places and things and seeing her reaction. We get to see everything through her eyes and there’s nothing more beautiful than that."
Like all traveling families, they face different challenges, and for them, it's keeping their daughter entertained, especially on airplanes.
"Airplanes especially can be tricky as one year olds have no patience for long flights. Having various small toys or busy books, snacks, engaging with her in conversation… will keep her entertained. When nothing else will work, and some parents have varying opinions on this— a little screen time will calm things down almost instantly. We like Miss Rachel for the educational content and one on one conversational approach. Nova has learned a lot from her."
New to Family Travel? Here are their top three tips for new traveling parents:
• Give yourself as much time as possible. If you’re planning to head out at 10am- plan as if you’re planning for 9am.
• Pack light. Be prepared with essentials. Some toys are good but no need to overdo it in that department, kids find ways to entertain themselves with anything.
• Be patient. Things will always go wrong but nothing is unsolvable in this day and age.
They also shared their top product recommendations for family travels. The Doona is a must-have for them.
• No question, The Doona. We know that it’s not cheap but we can assure you that it will be worth every dime. It’s a lightweight car seat/stroller combo that will change your life.
• If you have an infant, the Baby’s Brew bottle warmer is clutch. It’s compact and warms quickly.
• The Fuji x100v is an amazing camera to capture moments, and it’s also lightweight which is a plus for travel. Only downside is it is a fixed lens camera— but personally I love how definitive that is. No juggling lenses or zooming, just getting the shots.
There’s an app for everything and services just for traveling parents! Here’s what these parents love to use:
“YouTube and Disney - make sure to download the kids favorites for the plane. We use International Babysitters for Nanny services on our travels when we want some alone time past the baby’s bed time.”
And let's not forget about the food!
This family loves trying new and delicious local cuisines. Their favorite is located in Barcelona, Spain.
“Our favorite restaurant that we visited with Nova was Tapeo in Barcelona. The ceviche, the ribs, the croquettes, and the chicharrones were so delicious. We would absolutely order those again.”
Follow Arazelly & Brian on their Next Adventure:
As we wrap up this edition of the Traveling Parents Newsletter, we can't help but feel inspired by Arazelly & Brian's family travel adventures. Keep Arazelly & Brian's tips in mind – give yourself time, pack light, and practice patience – and you'll be on your way to creating your own family travel stories!
The Traveling Parents Team
Was this email forwarded to you? Sign up here.
Did You Love This Month's Parent Spotlight?
Let us know below ⤵️